Eastern Currents Distributing was born of a passion for healthcare and Oriental medicine.
After graduating as a Doctor of TCM 20 years ago, I found tremendous variation in the quality of acupuncture and herbal supplies on the market. As a practitioner, I wanted acupuncture needles that were safe to insert into my patients, herbal medicines that were professional strength and tested for contaminants and heavy metals, and access to continuing education courses to keep me at the forefront of the profession.
I began to realize that if our profession was going to flourish in Canada, a company dedicated to the best interests of the profession was required.
Thus Eastern Currents was established, with the goal of providing top-quality products, excellent service, and cutting-edge clinical knowledge, so TCM Practitioners can confidently help restore health to Canadians.
With the help of our dedicated staff, we have grown to be one of Canada's leading acupuncture and TCM suppliers.
We have over the years:
- Imported high-quality needles at fair prices
- Introduced superior professional TCM herbs from leading US and Taiwan manufacturers
- Organized seminars with leading clinicians in Vancouver, Toronto and Edmonton
- Donated money to various Canadian TCM Associations to help support the promotion of Acupuncture and TCM
- Donated needles to acupuncture outreach programs in Third World countries
- Founded the annual Canadian Oriental Medical Symposium in Vancouver, where practitioners gather to learn from internationally recognized speakers
- Purchased M.E.D. Servi-Systems in Ottawa, creating a truly national company to serve Canada
- Founded the Doris Sweetnam Scholarship Fund for third and fourth year Canadian TCM students, with an annual award of over $1,500.00
My staff and I have many exciting ideas and projects to help make your practice and professional life easier. We strive to exceed expectations and look forward to being of service to you in your practice.
If you are new to Eastern Currents and have yet to set up an account with us, you can register online here. We look forward to hearing from you!
Yours in health,
John Stan, DrTCM