At Eastern Currents Learning we want to make sure that you have a great webinar experience. Below are some helpful troubleshooting tips to help you get set up and ensure you have the best experience possible.
This tip sheet covers:
General Viewing Tips
- To access your recorded and live webinars, you will need to login to your account and then go to your My eLearning Items. Your My eLearning Items can be found in the following places:
1. When you purchase an online course, there will be a link to your eLearning items on the Thank You page in the check out process, as seen below.
2. Under the Learning drop down menu.
3. Under the Store drop down menu.
- Please note, our recommended internet browser* is Mozilla Firefox - Don't have Firefox? Click here to download it for free, or see below for more detailed instructions on how to get it.
When viewing a paid recorded webinar on Eastern Currents' platform, you should not be prompted to log in again through Adobe Connect after accepting the disclaimer. If you are prompted to log in through Adobe Connect in this situation, please check to see if your 3rd Party Cookies setting is disabled, and enable it while you are watching webinars and accessing course completion items. Your cookies settings are often found within your browser's options dialogue box. Adjusting cookies may vary from browser to browser, so if you are unsure, there are lots of instructions online, found through a handy Google search.
- If you are having any problems viewing your webinar, downloading/viewing your notes or certificates, or opening up the Program Evaluations, Worksheets, or Quiz functions, try opening them in a Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Your browser should be a current or most recent version of a browser – if you are using Internet Explorer, please ensure it is version 9 or higher, as older versions may not be as compatible with EC’s website and e-learning platform.
- If you are using Chrome, and experience issues, try opening webinars and related materials in Mozilla Firefox.
- Please ensure that in terms of your operating system, if you are using a PC, that you are using Windows XP or higher. If you are using a MAC computer, please ensure you are using one of the more recent operating systems for the optimal viewing experience.
- Our recommended Internet connection speed for optimal viewing of our recorded and live webinars is 512 Kilobits per second (Kbps).
- It is important to ensure that all other programs, such as Skype, other browsers, etc. are closed when watching a live or recorded webinar. Having additional programs running will result in that program stealing bandwidth from the webinar, making it come through as choppy, or delayed. For optimal viewing, only the browser with the webroom should be open.
- If your webinar link, webinar video, PDF notes, evaluation/worksheet forms, or information on your ‘My E-learning Items’ – course listing page is for some reason not displaying or showing properly, you can also try refreshing your page to see if the content you are looking for loads properly. The small rotating arrow buttons below are examples of a refresh icon in web address bar:
What is a an Internet or web browser? Back to top
This is the window you open to access the internet on your computer. Typically, you click on an icon on your desktop or under a listing on your Start menu to access the internet program you use to access the internet. An example of Firefox and Internet Explorer icons are shown below:
How to download Mozilla Firefox:
You can simply open up a new web browser window, and then google ‘Mozilla Firefox free download’ or go to Firefox’s website and select the ‘Free Download’ button:
You will then get a series of prompts to run/open/save the program to your computer – complete all of those steps, and then once the browser is installed (should only take a few minutes), you should see this icon on your desktop or start menu:
Click it and then go to Eastern Currents’ website, log in, and navigate to your courses under the ‘My E-learning’ tab and try opening your course/webinar in this browser.
In order to obtain your certificate for completing a course, you must complete all of the Course Completion Items listed in the section under ‘Course Completion Items’ for that course. For Standard Completion and California certificates, a Course Evaluation must be completed in its entirety and a Quiz must be passed; for NCCAOM certificates, these completion items as well as a Program Worksheet must be filled out in full and submitted. Once an item is successfully completed, a message appears thanking the user for completing the specified documentation. See the example below:
Once all of the continuing education items are completed under ‘Course Completion Items’ for a course, a ‘Download Certificate’ button will appear at the bottom of a new tab called ‘Congratulations on Completing this Training!’.
Simply click on the 'Download Certificate' button, and a new window will appear where you can open or save a PDF of the certificate (Image #2); you can print the certificate at this time, or save it to your computer for printing later. Note: It is recommended you save a copy and print the PDF certificate for your records during your 4 month access to the course. Once the course expires, you will not have access to download and print the certificate after that time.
If you are unable to get the pop-up window to save or open the PDF of the certificate to your computer, try downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Reader.
for information on the latest version of Adobe Reader X, and a link to a free download. Back to top
When you first purchase a course for CEUs/PDAs you will be required to select which certificate type (NCCAOM, California, IVAS, Standard, etc.) you require from the following drop down menu: Back to top
If you make a mistake and select the wrong certificate type when you first purchase the course, and want to change the certifying body (for example, you want NCCAOM credits, but originally selected California as your certificate type), then you must notify Eastern Currents as soon as possible that you require this change as you cannot change the certificate type through your account. You can simply call 1-800-667-6866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Eastern Currents will then give instructions on how to access your course materials and certificate.
It is important to note that while California, IVAS, and Standard Certificates of Completion only require a Program Evaluation and Quiz to be completed, if you require to switch from one of these certificate types to NCCAOM, Eastern Currents will need to email you a copy of the Program Worksheet Questions to fill out and return prior to receiving your NCCAOM Certificate.
Problems Accessing Program Evaluations or Program Worksheets
If you are experiencing issues with your web browser closing or not loading the Program Worksheet or Program Evaluation forms correctly, you need to check what internet browser you are using. If it is Internet Explorer, please try opening the evaluation or worksheet form in Mozilla Firefox, as this will often resolve the display issue. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Eastern Currents. Back to top
To download an MP3 for applicable courses, simply go to the MP3 link under ‘Course Materials’ and right click on the MP3 link (for example, ‘Class 1 Downloadable MP3 – Part 1’- see example below). Back to top
A menu window will then display, and then select ‘Save Link As…’ You will then be prompted to save the MP3 to your computer, where you can then access the MP3 to play in your media player once it is downloaded. Please note: This method of saving MP3s may vary depending on browser or media player being used.