By Bob Flaws, Lynn Kuchinski and Robert Casanas, MD.
Same material presented in softcover!
Worldwide, the incidence of diabetes is projected to double in the next 15 years. Chinese medicine has recognized and treated diabetes as a distinct disease for 2,500 years, and modern research has shown that it can
- work better than many Western drugs
- reduce the necessary dosages of those drugs
- alleviate the side effects of those drugs, and
- achieve better clinical outcomes when used in tandem with those drugs.
This book is a textbook and clinical manual on the Chinese medical treatment of diabetes and its many complications. Among its 29 chapters, in addition to diabetes, you will learn how to treat such conditions as:
- Coronary heart disease
- Cerebral vascular disease
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic dermatological conditions
- Opportunistic infections
- Diabetic acromelic gangrene
- Syndrome X
Authors Flaws, Kuchinski, and Casañas also discuss the relationship between hypoglycemia and diabetes, insulin-dependent and noninsulin-dependent diabetes and what Chinese medicine can do for each, gestational diabetes, diabetes and diet (both Chinese & Western), and diabetes and exercise, including qigong. Other topics of discussion include diabetes and psychological disturbances, diabetes and treatment adherence, and diabetes and denial.
Softcover, 401 pgs