Practitioners, please log in to your account to see wholesale pricing.
Small black seeds from the Vaccaria plant are secured on the ear with a piece of adhesive tape over specific acupuncture points. The seeds stimulate the point by exerting mild pressure.
- 120 ear seeds (Lasts approx. 4-6 weeks)
- Clearly illustrated graphic image detailing points believed to correspond to weight related regions of the body
- Instructions for use
- Stainless steel tweezer
- Tan tape contains latex.
- A 2011 study concluded that “Auricular acupressure is thus a reasonable option in the treatment of overweight and obesity in young adults.” -Am J Chin Med. 2011;39(3):433-40.
- A 2010 study concluded that “auricular acupressure employing vaccaria seeds can decrease body mass index (BMI)” -Am J Chin Med. 2010;38(4):675-82.
- A 2009 study concluded that “Auricular acupuncture may have potential benefit on obesity-related hormone peptides.” -J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2009 Jun;18(6):813-8. doi: 10.1089/jwh.2008.1005.
- A 1998 study said “We conclude that the ear-clips were effective in delaying gastric peristalsis, and may have value in reducing appetite in association with weight loss programs” -J Altern Complement Med. 1998 Winter;4(4):399-403.
- Another 1998 study concluded that “Frequent stimulation of specific auricular acupuncture points is an effective method of appetite suppression which leads to weight loss” -Aust Fam Physician. 1998 Jul;27 Suppl 2:S73-7.