Thank you for choosing Eastern Currents Ltd. We value the trust you have placed in us to provide you with your clinic supplies and to protect your privacy when you interact with us. This policy outlines the type of information we collect, with whom and when we share your data, and the efforts we take to protect your information.
The personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal information in order to provide services and products. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us
When you create an account with Eastern Currents Ltd, the personal information provided by you is stored in our database. Some of this information is synched with our website, so it is available when you next log into your account.
You also provide information to us when you
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order online
- communicate with us via email or on Facebook/Instagram
- complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form
- provide and rate reviews
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- login email address
- content interaction information
We use the following cookies on our site:
- login cookies
- comment cookies
- browsing history
- search history
- shopping cart
- wish list
- tracking cookies
- advertising cookies
Embedded content from other websites
Videos embedded on our site using You Tube or Vimeo will be subject to the privacy and cookie policies on those sites.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What we do with your information
We use your personal information to send you the products you order and to contact you regarding any issues with your order, to notify you when your wholesale account is approved, or to answer your questions. If you have opted in to receive emails from us, we may contact you about new products, industry news, seminars and any sales we may have. We do not sell your information to any other parties.
Who we share your information with
- When you purchase an e-learning course, your email, name, country and course information is shared with Net of Knowledge where you will access the course(s) you purchased.
- When you request products to be shipped to you, your name and address are provided to the courier companies.
- Your name and email are added to an online third party email campaign site that we use for all emails we send.
- Your encrypted payment information is shared with payment service providers for the purpose of processing your payments.
- If obliged to do so, your information may be shared with legal or regulatory authorities in the event of a claim against you.
How we protect your information
We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software. Our system has security features to protect us and you against unauthorized access and loss of data.
When you make a purchase through our website, your credit card information is secure. We use a third party tokenization service that encrypts every piece of your payment data into a single token that is stored on a PCI-Level 1 certified server. The encrypted token is then used when you make a repeat purchase.
Our servers are hosted in Canada.
Our website uses SSL encryption to ensure that the information you enter in our forms is secure.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.