Shipping costs are calculated using our discounted rates based on the weight of your shipment, the destination address, and shipping method chosen.
What shipping companies does Eastern Currents use?
Within Canada, customers may choose from either Canada Post or UPS. For US and International Shipments, we ship via Canada Post only.
How do I get free shipping on my order?
- All product orders over $200.00 placed via our webstore qualify for free Canada Post Expedited shipping within Canada. Please note: orders with Net of Knowledge courses/seminars/conference registrations are excluded from the free shipping calculations. If you are placing an order with products totalling more than $200, you will need to place separate orders for your courses/seminars/conference registrations and products to qualify for free shipping.*
- All phone over $300.00 qualify for free standard shipping within Canada.*
- Fax and Email orders as of December 1, 2016 will no longer be eligible for free shipping. If you normally place orders via email or fax, please call our office to learn how you can take advantage of our free shipping offers.
- Our default free standard shipment method within Canada is Canada Post Expedited. If you need your order faster, you can request Express shipping.
* Offer applies to price prior to taxes and after applied discounts. Some remote locations are excluded from this offer.
I am a practitioner. Can I have my order shipped directly to my patient?
Yes, you can place an order and have it shipped to your patient. If you don’t want the invoice included in the shipment to your patient, please check the box marked “Do not include invoice with this shipment” at checkout. You can access all invoices by logging into your account online. As of January 4th, 2021, we will no longer be emailing all invoices for orders to patients. *Please note signature on delivery is required for orders to patients, this additional charge of $3.00 for UPS or $1.50 for Canada Post will be included in the shipping fee.
I live in a rural area. How will my order be shipped?
Canada Post is the best carrier for rural areas. For regular service please select CP Expedited, or for faster shipping choose CP Express. (Please note if you select UPS, we reserve the right to change your shipping method to Canada Post due to high UPS surcharges for certain rural areas.)
Can Essential Oils be shipped by air?
Essential Oils are classified as Hazardous Goods when shipped by air. As a result, only UPSTD or CPEXPD shipping methods are available for essential oils. Should you choose an express (air) shipping method that includes other products, your essential oils will be sent separately by ground at no extra charge to you.
Can I request signature on delivery?
Yes, you can request a signature-required option for a fee of $3.00 for UPS or $1.50 for Canada Post (note this is required for shipments sent to patients).
Last time an item I ordered was out of stock, will it be shipped out when you have new stock?
We will contact you by phone when your product arrives in stock and you can decide if you’d like it shipped out and/or if you’d like to add anything to this order. Shipping charges will apply.
I need to change my ship-to address, but I have already submitted my order. What can I do?
Call us at 1-800-667-6866 as soon as possible if you realize you have entered an address incorrectly and we will do our best to help you. If your order has not yet shipped, we can make the change. If it has already shipped via Canada Post, unfortunately, it cannot be redirected. If it was sent via UPS, we can contact them to re-direct your parcel to another address. Please note there will be a $10-$15 charge which will be billed to you. If your ship-to address is input incorrectly or is missing information and requires a UPS update, there will be a charge of $10-15 applied to your account.
Can I use my own freight company / shipping method?
Alternative shipping method are available on request, however we take no responsibility for shipping that is arranged by our customers. This includes the following:
- Customers using their own shipping account
- Customers using their own courier
- Customers arranging for a third party to facilitate shipping
Should you decide to handle your own shipping arrangements, we require that a waiver be signed. This ensures that we aren’t held accountable for any shipping issue outside of our control; similarly, in the event that we receive a shipping-related invoice under these conditions, it will authorize us to process the customer’s credit card. Please let us know at time of ordering that you’d like to use your own shipping account.
- For large orders with multiple packages, we reserve the right to send via the most cost effective carrier.
- Orders are shipped from our warehouse in Vancouver, BC.
- Essential Oils are classified as Hazardous Goods when shipped by air. As a result, only UPSTD or CPEXPD shipping methods are available for essential oils. Should you choose an express (air) shipping method that includes other products, your essential oils will be sent separately by ground at no extra charge to you.
- Eastern Currents Distributing Ltd. takes no responsibility for any loss, damages, or delays that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification we ship products without insurance.