By Marnae C Ergil and Kevin V Ergil.
Superbly illustrated, one-volume source on all aspects of Chinese medicine.
A traditional medicine with up-to-date applications, Chinese Medicine is gaining steady acceptance throughout the world. In this exquisitely illustrated Pocket Atlas of Chinese Medicine, written by a renowned team of international experts, readers will find a concise yet comprehensive synopsis of the entire field. From the clinical practice of acupuncture and moxibustion to Chinese herbal medicine and nutrition therapy, Tai Ji, Qi Gong, and Tuina, the book offers a deep understanding of the underlying theory, characteristics, and fundamental concepts of Chinese Medicine, as well as its philosophical and cultural basis. For those needing a single volume overview of this broad and multi-faceted field, this book is unrivalled.
- Full coverage of the basic tenets of Chinese Medicine, from its historical roots to modern scientific research, methods, and findings
- Informative chapter on diagnosis in Chinese Medicine
- Practical discussion of Chinese herbs and their usage, including formulas for various common ailments
- Insights from leading specialists on their respective disciplines
- Proven pocket atlas format, with double-page spreads and juxtaposition of text and related photographs, drawings, and charts for easy comprehension
- More than 150 beautifully detailed, full-color illustrations demonstrating key models
Pocket Atlas of Chinese Medicine is a must-have resource for students and practitioners of Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, and complementary medicine, including medical doctors in acupuncture training. General physicians interested in expanding their services will also benefit from the wealth of information in this practical guide.
Softcover, 402 pgs